Author Topic: Power Etrade Pro user, looking for help with "Strategy Scanner"  (Read 25935 times)

bishop311

Power Etrade Pro user, looking for help with "Strategy Scanner"
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:47:58 am »
Hi, gang!

I just got off the phone with E*Trade tech support; I was looking for some help on using what they call "Strategy Scanner", which is an integrated form of Trade-Ideas' product.  I was floored when they told me they can't offer support on it because it wasn't their product.  The directed me to "The Manufacturer", Trade-Ideas.   ::)

Anyhow, enough of that.  I am looking to do the following:  I want to find stocks that are NOT on the OTCBB or Pinks, US big board stocks only, that are between $.01 and $5.00.  That's easy enough -- already have that figured out.

Now what I want to do is find only BULLISH stocks in that criteria that have high volume and high volatility.  I like to jump into stocks in this price range in large positions and then scalp for 2% or 3%, and then close my position to take my profits.  That's my trading style.

Can anyone at all suggest the best way to find high volume, high volatility stocks fitting my criteria with "Strategy Scanner"?  You'll have to keep in mind that "Strategy Scanner" does not have a way to enter custom code in it.  It is all GUI, click to select an alert and/or filter, and then enter a range, ratio, value, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

-b.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
Re: Power Etrade Pro user, looking for help with "Strategy Scanner"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:49 pm »
Hi Bishop,

Very glad you posted your question.  We are eager to help.  I will also make sure that customer support reads your original post as I am sure that is not exactly how they are to handle your questions.  Nevertheless I took a look at what you are requesting and came up with the following strategy, designed in Strategy Scanner, that you will be able to import:

WN=Under+$5,+High+Vol+High+Volatility&Sh_CMU=on&Sh_BBU=on&Sh_SV=on&QSV=10&Sh_NR7_1=on&MaxPrice=5&MinVol3M=500000&MinRV=1.5&MinVWVP=0.3&MinRange120P=2&MinRange5DP=3&MinFCD=0.01&MinBB=1.5&X_NYSE=on&X_ARCA=on&X_AMEX=on&XN=on

Simply copy this text string and right click into a Strategy window within the tool to choose the 'Change Strategy' option.
Then select the 'Import Strategy' option and you will be able to paste the above text into the dialog box.  Then click on View to see the settings.  Once you hit OK you'll see the strategy in your folder with the suffix '_import'.

If you have any questions or follow up don't hesitate to post some more.  Let us know if this helps.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

bishop311

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:56:43 am »
TradeIdeas_DA:

That did PRECISELY what I was looking for!  Thank you so much for the custom code!  If only E*Trade had such expertise, but then again I should thank them for pushing me over to here -- clearly this is the right place to go to get solid TI help!

I pasted the code into Strategy Scanner and ran a test of the last day, and WHAM.  Every single stock I found had great volume, was bullish for the day and had multiple intraday opportunities to scalp for anywhere from 3% to 10% without even breaking a sweat.

I owe you a beer or three!

:)

Thanks again,
-b.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC

tita

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:20:58 pm »
I am also using Etrade Pro and need help with setting up the screener for the following.  Any help would be greatly appreciated -

1) S&P 500/DJIA: How do I filter for blue chip stocks that form part of the indices?
2) Stochastics Oversold: There seems to be only customizable Filters for RSI and Alerts for Stochastics crossing above 20 or below 80.  What I need is Alert or Filter for Stochastics CROSSING BELOW 20.  How can I do that?

rillaboong

• Necessity is the mother
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 11:09:51 am »
@Trade-ideas Admin @bishop311. Thanks for that idea. Def. owe you a six pack. Is there a way to modify the above formula for pre and post market for price action that trade above the 10day MA. I'd like to modify so any price action above the 10day MA will alert after five complete candles. A lot of these conditions don't seem to show up before 9:30 at which point it becomes moot.Thanks.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 11:02:06 am »
I am also using Etrade Pro and need help with setting up the screener for the following.  Any help would be greatly appreciated -

1) S&P 500/DJIA: How do I filter for blue chip stocks that form part of the indices?
2) Stochastics Oversold: There seems to be only customizable Filters for RSI and Alerts for Stochastics crossing above 20 or below 80.  What I need is Alert or Filter for Stochastics CROSSING BELOW 20.  How can I do that?

1. The quickest way to filter for blue chip stocks is by market cap. Find the filter indicator in Strategy Scanner and set the Market Cap Min filter to $2 B.
2. A cross below the 20 stochastic is a return to a noisy area defined between the 20 and the 80. Only at the ends of each side of the range (above 20, below 80) does a signal emerge. We do however have 8 period and 20 period SMAs crossovers across various timeframe periods (e.g., 2 min, 5 min, 15 min, etc.) These can be helpful when the 8 crossed below the 20 to indicate a downward trend for the period desired.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 11:18:16 am »
@Trade-ideas Admin @bishop311. Thanks for that idea. Def. owe you a six pack. Is there a way to modify the above formula for pre and post market for price action that trade above the 10day MA. I'd like to modify so any price action above the 10day MA will alert after five complete candles. A lot of these conditions don't seem to show up before 9:30 at which point it becomes moot.Thanks.

Without knowing the time period for the 5 complete candles, here is a scan that should match with what you are looking for. The first link is for outside Strategy Scanner. The second link is to import directly into Strategy Scanner:

1. https://www.trade-ideas.com/View.php?O=10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000040000008040000000000000000000_419_0&QSV=10&MaxPrice=5&MaxTime=-0.01&MinAboveLowPre=0.03&MinBB=1.5&MinFCD=0.01&MinMA10P=0.1&MinRange120P=2&MinTime=390.01&MinUp5=2&MinVWVP=0.3&MinVol3M=500000&WN=Under+%245%2c+PrePostMkt+Only+High+Volatility&show0=D_Type&show1=D_Time&show2=D_Symbol&show3=D_Desc&show4=Price&show5=PV&show6=FCD&show7=R20D&show8=Count&show9=AboveLowPre&show10=MA10P&col_ver=1

2. WN=Under+%245%2c+PrePostMkt+Only+High+Volatility&show0=D_Type&show1=D_Time&show2=D_Symbol&show3=D_Desc&show4=Price&show5=PV&show6=FCD&show7=R20D&show8=Count&show9=AboveLowPre&show10=MA10P&col_ver=1&QSV=10&MaxPrice=5&MaxTime=-0.01&MinAboveLowPre=0.03&MinBB=1.5&MinFCD=0.01&MinMA10P=0.1&MinRange120P=2&MinTime=390.01&MinUp5=2&MinVWVP=0.3&MinVol3M=500000

Simply copy this text string and right click into a Strategy window within the tool to choose the 'Change Strategy' option.
Then select the 'Import Strategy' option and you will be able to paste the above text into the dialog box.  Then click on View to see the settings.  Once you hit OK you'll see the strategy in your folder with the suffix '_import'.

pyroavatar

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 04:57:10 pm »
Hello!

I'm also an E-Trade Pro user trying to figure out how to use the scanner and not having success. I'm actually really curious to start with Trade Ideas soon, but am not quite ready to commit yet. In the mean time, I'm still learning and observing, and I'm wondering if a tech person here can help me set up a scanner for day trading strategies that I practice, mainly to find the major movers within my price range:

Price Range: $0.01 - $20.00
Volume: Anything higher than 500K for the day
Price Action:
1) Price is 20%+ higher than previous day close
2) Price moves up 10%+ in a 5-minute time frame for the current day
3) Price passes current high of day

I've tried using the GUIs to set this up but nothing ever pops up when I clearly know there are stocks that fit these criteria every day. Can someone help me set this up, and to also include pre-market and after-hour time windows? Thank you so much!

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 05:31:46 pm »
Hi,

Glad to help you on your journey with Etrade and Trade Ideas.

I read your description of the universe that you want to see. When you see these settings, you may understand what led you to get zero alerts. If not let us know.

The first link is for outside Strategy Scanner. The second link is to import directly into Strategy Scanner:

1. https://www.trade-ideas.com/View.php?O=10_619_0&MaxPrice=20&MinFCP=20&MinPUp5=10&MinRV=1&MinVol=500000&WN=Bullish+Stocks+Under+20+Moving+Up+Fast&show0=D_Symbol&show1=D_Type&show2=D_Time&show3=D_Desc&show4=Price&show5=PUp5&show6=TV&show7=R5D&show8=Count&show9=RV&col_ver=1

2. WN=Bullish+Stocks+Under+20+Moving+Up+Fast&show0=D_Symbol&show1=D_Type&show2=D_Time&show3=D_Desc&show4=Price&show5=PUp5&show6=TV&show7=R5D&show8=Count&show9=RV&col_ver=1&O=10_619_0&MaxPrice=20&MinFCP=20&MinPUp5=10&MinRV=1&MinVol=500000

tg11652

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 01:36:08 pm »
Hello,

I am an Etrade Pro user trying to set up a scanner to look for stocks with the following criteria if possible. Stocks up 150% or more from the 5 day low priced between $5 and $15 with a minimum volume of 500k shares.

Related, is there a link for detailed documentation on setting up filters and alerts you have available as well?

Thanks in advance for any help or direction.

Tom
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 01:47:47 pm by tg11652 »

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 11:35:10 pm »
Hi tg11652,

Glad to help you on your journey with Etrade and Trade Ideas.

I read your description of the universe that you want to see. When you see these settings, you may understand the product more and modify them accordingly.

The first link is for outside Strategy Scanner. The second link is to import directly into Strategy Scanner:

1. https://www.trade-ideas.com/View.php?O=1_419_0&MaxPrice=15&MinPrice=5&MinR5D=150&MinTV=500000&WN=150+%25+Above+5+day+low+Breaking+out&show0=D_Type&show1=D_Time&show2=D_Symbol&show3=D_Desc&show4=Price&show5=RV&show6=TV&show7=FCP&show8=Vol1&show9=Vol5&show10=PV&show11=Count&col_ver=1

2. WN=150+%25+Above+5+day+low+Breaking+out&show0=D_Type&show1=D_Time&show2=D_Symbol&show3=D_Desc&show4=Price&show5=RV&show6=TV&show7=FCP&show8=Vol1&show9=Vol5&show10=PV&show11=Count&col_ver=1&O=1_419_0&MaxPrice=15&MinPrice=5&MinR5D=150&MinTV=500000

Hope this helps.

Best,

DA

tg11652

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 08:54:08 am »
Thank you very much! I was not even close with what I had tried.

Is there any documentation available that defines the alerts and filters available and then goes into how to use them?

I really appreciate your quick reply and help.

Tom

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 12:57:36 pm »
Hi,

At this link you will find definitions for all the alerts and filters.
Here you also find the entire arsenal of Trade Ideas resources that you can access:
https://www.trade-ideas.com/trade-ideas-university/contact-support/

Best,

DA