Author Topic: Power Etrade Pro user, looking for help with "Strategy Scanner"  (Read 19552 times)

bishop311

Power Etrade Pro user, looking for help with "Strategy Scanner"
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:47:58 am »
Hi, gang!

I just got off the phone with E*Trade tech support; I was looking for some help on using what they call "Strategy Scanner", which is an integrated form of Trade-Ideas' product.  I was floored when they told me they can't offer support on it because it wasn't their product.  The directed me to "The Manufacturer", Trade-Ideas.   ::)

Anyhow, enough of that.  I am looking to do the following:  I want to find stocks that are NOT on the OTCBB or Pinks, US big board stocks only, that are between $.01 and $5.00.  That's easy enough -- already have that figured out.

Now what I want to do is find only BULLISH stocks in that criteria that have high volume and high volatility.  I like to jump into stocks in this price range in large positions and then scalp for 2% or 3%, and then close my position to take my profits.  That's my trading style.

Can anyone at all suggest the best way to find high volume, high volatility stocks fitting my criteria with "Strategy Scanner"?  You'll have to keep in mind that "Strategy Scanner" does not have a way to enter custom code in it.  It is all GUI, click to select an alert and/or filter, and then enter a range, ratio, value, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

-b.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
Re: Power Etrade Pro user, looking for help with "Strategy Scanner"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:49 pm »
Hi Bishop,

Very glad you posted your question.  We are eager to help.  I will also make sure that customer support reads your original post as I am sure that is not exactly how they are to handle your questions.  Nevertheless I took a look at what you are requesting and came up with the following strategy, designed in Strategy Scanner, that you will be able to import:

WN=Under+$5,+High+Vol+High+Volatility&Sh_CMU=on&Sh_BBU=on&Sh_SV=on&QSV=10&Sh_NR7_1=on&MaxPrice=5&MinVol3M=500000&MinRV=1.5&MinVWVP=0.3&MinRange120P=2&MinRange5DP=3&MinFCD=0.01&MinBB=1.5&X_NYSE=on&X_ARCA=on&X_AMEX=on&XN=on

Simply copy this text string and right click into a Strategy window within the tool to choose the 'Change Strategy' option.
Then select the 'Import Strategy' option and you will be able to paste the above text into the dialog box.  Then click on View to see the settings.  Once you hit OK you'll see the strategy in your folder with the suffix '_import'.

If you have any questions or follow up don't hesitate to post some more.  Let us know if this helps.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

bishop311

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:56:43 am »
TradeIdeas_DA:

That did PRECISELY what I was looking for!  Thank you so much for the custom code!  If only E*Trade had such expertise, but then again I should thank them for pushing me over to here -- clearly this is the right place to go to get solid TI help!

I pasted the code into Strategy Scanner and ran a test of the last day, and WHAM.  Every single stock I found had great volume, was bullish for the day and had multiple intraday opportunities to scalp for anywhere from 3% to 10% without even breaking a sweat.

I owe you a beer or three!

:)

Thanks again,
-b.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

tita

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:20:58 pm »
I am also using Etrade Pro and need help with setting up the screener for the following.  Any help would be greatly appreciated -

1) S&P 500/DJIA: How do I filter for blue chip stocks that form part of the indices?
2) Stochastics Oversold: There seems to be only customizable Filters for RSI and Alerts for Stochastics crossing above 20 or below 80.  What I need is Alert or Filter for Stochastics CROSSING BELOW 20.  How can I do that?