Author Topic: Pricing Schedule and Deliverables  (Read 27217 times)

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
Re: Pricing Schedule and Deliverables
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 12:21:06 pm »
As I said in a previous post, you should still use common sense with any alert that you get - I don't use it as a purely mechanical system.  However, once I'm in a trade, I have more confidence about staying in the trade and not worrying about some of the gyrations that may take place after I have entered the trade.  I honestly can't say that about any other strategy that I have developed on my own.

With The Oddsmaker, you can tweak it on your own but TI offers 2 months of support to help you to refine the strategy if it is not performing as you think it should be.

newyorktrader

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 12:28:13 pm »
bbruin what did the computer strategy come up with that you didn't see on your own? Did it come up with a combination of alerts/filters that you would not have thought of?

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 02:42:50 pm »
There was one filter that it used that I wouldn't have thought of but it was more about the actual values for the filters that the algorithm produced that I never would have used.  As an example, you might put a Current Volume filter of 3 or 4 or 5 - but you would never put 3.48 - and that's what the computer might come up with as optimum.

bollywoodboy

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 06:55:13 pm »
Bruin did you have a trading premise going in as to what you wanted? Is the algo merely data mining and combining alerts and filters which show amazing back testing results? This would be curve fitting to get an impressive system which will have no bearing on future performance.

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 09:07:54 am »
I am almost 100% a day trader so I was looking for a day trading strategy.  I also don't like to hold more than 2 positions open at the same time so I wasn't looking something that was going to deliver many alerts during the day.  I would say that the average # of alerts I'm getting is 5 - for me that is perfect.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:19:48 am by bbruin »

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
  • You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 10:45:05 am »
You are correct about working with the system.  I also want to thank everyone for the posts and helping each other.  The computer is great at figuring out what is working over the last turn.  That last turn is 30 days.  We start with a fundamental approach to strategy building.  When we speak to a client we asses if the client likes continuation plays, consolidations plays, reversals, time frames etc.  So we start with the human aspect.  Then we ask the computer to help us isolate the most predictive elements of this type of pattern over the last 30 days.  The beauty about the end result is that it gives you the freedom to focus more on the management of the trade versus the stock selection.  You can use the system exactly, you can trade around it some as well.  There are opportunities on different sides.  But at the very least you know that you are applying technology in the best way that it can be applied.  Today in a very competitive market with fluctuating volatility this type of analysis is about as good as it gets. 

newyorktrader

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 07:27:42 pm »
Tradeideas1 do we have a fair amount of time to work with you and the computer to come up with something satisfying. I am a nitpicker so If I want to change gears with a strategy is that a problem? My first ideas as to what I want to do might not be profitable.

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 10:35:28 am »
We work with you for two months on the first set of strategies to continue the correlation process.  We also show you and teach you how to use the optimizer inside the OddsMaker.  Then we of course can build new ones from scratch for $250. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:35:39 am by TradeIdeas_DA »

newyorktrader

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 05:05:30 pm »
Does this service work with custom filters created in the formula editor?

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 06:06:23 pm »
Yes, in fact your custom filters are a guarantee that your strategy is that much more unique to you.  Great question!

bollywoodboy

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 08:24:37 am »
Is there anybody else out there who can speak to their experiences with the custom execution?

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 11:47:39 am »
As many of you now already know first hand.  We work hard to work with you throughout the whole execution consulting process.  Designing strategies is an art form and every strategy is different based on your inputs.  The more you can tell us the more we can help you!

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 08:36:35 pm »
I am answering a question here from a post made elsewhere in the forum:

Posted by: othermbx
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:12:08 PM » Insert Quote
Lots of questions on how this works:

1) Do you already have a library of different setups that have been optimized, available for a fee? That would be interesting.
2) Or do you always start with the customer's top list / alert and optimize ONLY that (even though you may possess a similar strategy that is far superior)?
3) How does pricing work?
4) If the strategy needs re-tweaking when market conditions change, is that a whole new engagement or is there a support provision in the original engagement?
5) Are you doing the optimization manually or do you run an optimization engine? If the latter, is that something available through a subscription model?
6) I imagine that at the end of the day, there's only a narrow set (I'm guessing 3 or 4) of filters that are the key to all winning strategies. After the initial consulting engagement, the customer is obviously aware of this... and so the chances or repeat business drops to near zero. How do you guard against that (I'm guessing I'm not going to like the answer).

OK, lots of question. Just so we're on the same page, "Go jump in the lake you nosy/cheap b*stard" is a perfectly acceptable answer!

Answers:

1. We would not call it a library.  It's more like style guidelines we follow currently that get us (and our customers) great results.  The style guidelines are like rules for dressing yourself: never wear plaid on plaid, avoid parachute pants and knit ties, and dark suit, dark tie, and white shirt always look good, etc.  Rules for fashion change, of course, and we always try to stay ahead of the curve (and always check your fly!)

2. We always start with the answers our customers give us to the questionnaire in the Getting Started thread: http://forums.trade-ideas.com/index.php?topic=857.0.  Sometimes it's not a strategy given to us, but a list of stocks and times when they were traded that give us an idea how a customer trades.

3. Pricing: http://forums.trade-ideas.com/index.php?topic=858.0

4. We work with you for two months on the first set of strategies to continue the correlation process.  We also show you and teach you how to use the optimizer inside the OddsMaker.  Then we of course can build new ones from scratch for $250.

5. We are running the optimizations semi-manually, using a piece of software that is not even in beta-testing yet and that 1 day, may be commercially available.

6. You'd be surprised at how different the strategies are - different strokes for different kinds of folks trading.  Add to that just how much the success of a strategy depends not on the FILTERS used but rather the TRADING PLAN parameters i.e., what time of day the strategy is traded, how long the holding period, etc.  Mix in all these variables and you get a wide range of what's successful.  And then it all has to be rediscovered again when the market evolves and changes.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:36:01 am by TradeIdeas_DA »
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

othermbx

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:53 pm »
This sounds great, thanks.

Weilogix

Execution Models for Intra-Day Money Making, Training Program by Trade Ideas,
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 06:02:49 pm »
I am interested to konw about custom designed execution model for intra-day trading system for cheaper stocks($0.10-2.00 only). I have so far set up few models but I need  to consult news related to upswing stock,short term and mid-term charts plus intra-day tick by tick 1 or 2 minute and above charts. I wonder why Trade Ideas donot offer at least one free set up up for all Annual Members and then charge $250 from the second one. Many good Chart Companies offer free training city by city to the regualar members. Donot get me wrong, Trade Ideas helping me money , and it is outstanding,but I would like to see a more precise system module formula  which should work every time if it matches your module. Let us request Trade Ideas to offer one FREE module formula according to member's need. Any one has any other ideas?