Author Topic: Pricing Schedule and Deliverables  (Read 25797 times)

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
Pricing Schedule and Deliverables
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:28:44 pm »
Deliverables

As part of its Execution Consulting Services, Trade Ideas offers the following:
  • 2 Custom Strategies: Either a long strategy and its short corollary or 'flipped' version OR any 2 strategies desired (long or short)
  • 2 Trade Ideas Windows (.wti files): Each window contains the strategy, labeled with the trading plan used to trade the strategy, and already optimized visually to display results
  • The event-based backtester we call The OddsMaker, http://www.trade-ideas.com/Path_OddsMaker.html: The tool that allows a customer to continue to tweak custom designed strategies and trading plans long after delivery
  • As much training on using the delivered strategies as necessary to reach complete satisfaction
  • 2-months of support of deliverables including tweaking of strategies and trading plan, if necessary, to reach complete satisfaction
Deliverable Example(s) can be found here: http://forums.trade-ideas.com/index.php?topic=861.0

Pricing Schedule

Pricing as of October 2012. 
Total amount for the above, payable by credit card, to get scheduled: $1100
We can deliver new strategies within Execution Consulting Services from scratch for $250/per.

UPDATE 2017/2018:
The creation of strategies developed by Trade Ideas, as described in the Deliverables above, is now integrated into Trade Ideas' Premium subscription which includes the innovations in A.I., aka HOLLY.
Execution Consulting is not a service that is presently offered at Trade-Ideas. 

If you have any questions, please contact us here in the forum or at executionconsulting@trade-ideas.com
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 10:50:21 am by braddoubleu »
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

youngamerican68

Re: Pricing Schedule and Deliverables
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »
Am I correct that this works out to being able to purchase the oddsmaker with the addition of you guys creating 2 strategies for the user which includes all future tweaks?

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:59:18 pm »
You are correct. We think it makes the technology even more compelling to provide with a proven starting point that's built around the way you trade.  It makes the adoption of the technology into your trading routine all the easier. 

We have not put a sunset timeframe on 'all future tweaks' but if we need to we will.  The OddsMaker is supposed to execute on the 'teach a man how to fish' vs. feeding him a fish model.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:59:27 am by TradeIdeas_DA »

youngamerican68

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 04:22:47 pm »
Can you explain a bit of the process in how the strategies are developed? I am assuming that you have created a computer modeling program similar to the oddsmaker that will back into a strategy? Would you be willing to do a video on youtube showing an example of the process and what is produced, without of course disclosing the elements of the strategy. I am trying to grasp exactly how this is done. Thanks

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 04:53:48 pm »
We are simply listening to your input on how you like to trade (see the Getting Started thread in this Execution Consulting section of the forum, http://forums.trade-ideas.com/index.php?topic=857.0) and then actually using The OddsMaker's latest optimization features to build a strategy that is ideal for these market conditions. 

If you look at the latest videos of the OddsMaker on our YouTube page http://www.youtube.com/TradeIdeas, you'll see the equipment we're using in the process of making a working, profitable strategy that's yours.

youngamerican68

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 07:11:13 pm »
Ok thanks for the explanation. So you are using the odds maker, not some other program, to develop the strategy. I got the impression that the strategy was created by a more advanced internal program that has not been released. I am a little behind on the oddsmaker capabilities and will watch the videos this weekend. Is it at that point where I can put in bunch of alerts and filters and tell it to give me an optimized strategy or does it still take a lot of user participation to get something appropriate? Can I, for example, tell the oddsmaker to show me a long strategy for stocks which have reported earnings within the past 2 days and have gapped down a certain percent today and the oddsmaker will then give me a strategy which is ready to go? If yes I am getting excited!

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
  • You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 07:22:23 pm »
This is the part you pay for.  What we have is a custom piece of software internally that does exactly what you say.  It was designed specifically for this execution consulting type business.  It is in essence a machine learning algorithm that looks at all the filter and alert values and helps identify the best predictive values based on the higher level general settings that we input based on your feedback.  You can then work with all the settings on your own via the optimization features.  The internal algo is not designed for public use just for internal use to help us help the end user. 

youngamerican68

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 07:26:17 pm »
"You can then work with all the settings on your own via the optimization features" by this do you mean the oddsmaker? 

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 07:54:45 pm »
I will answer that and say Yes.  Once you run a strategy through The Oddsmaker, there is an Optimization tab that you can click on.  There you can see things like the best time of day that the strategy works, the best price range etc.  So even though the strategy that they develop for you might work very well, you may find that it works the best during power hour and with stocks between  $40.00 and $50.00 - in other words, you will increase the odds of a better outcome by seeing where the most profitable trades are.

youngamerican68

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 08:25:12 pm »
thank you

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 01:56:50 pm »
One of the real values of The Oddsmaker is this.  Once you have a strategy that you have created or one that TI has developed for you, now you have the opportunity to tweak it.  For instance, the strategy may work well for several weeks but then market conditions change and the results aren't as good.  What to do?  Which filter do you adjust and by how much - or maybe it's a combination of the filters - or maybe you have to add a filter - the point is that by using The Oddsmaker, you can quickly make some adjustments to see how they affect the profitability of the strategy.   

bollywoodboy

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 07:24:23 pm »
Bruin how has your system been treating you lately after its run of winners? As to the consultation services, how far back does the in house computer go in determining the strategy? What is considered an optimized strategy? 70% winners? 80% winners? 3:1 winners vs. losers? What are we talking here as far as the results you are producing.  What if I tell you I want you to create a long only strategy for a break of 3 days highs and the best result is a break even strategy? Then what.  I think you guys need to post an example of what you are producing in this service as the description is a bit vague and it is not clear what one's expectations should be.  Thanks

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 07:47:45 pm »
It is more the profitability that you are looking for - in theory, you could have a system that has 30% winners, 70% losers but if those winners are giving you a 1:5 RR and the losers are 1:1, then you still have a winning strategy.

As far as my personal strategy is working, it is still working great.  I have learned to be a little more selective in what alerts will work better than others.  An obvious consideration is looking at support ( this is a short strategy) so if I see an alert triggered at e.g. 34.65 and there is a ton of support at 34.50, I may not take the trade.  So there is still a human element when considering a trade.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 10:22:59 pm »
Thank you bbruin as always for excellent feedback and advice.

Thank you also bwboy.  I will post a redacted image and description of what a deliverable looks like.  But we do what you describe.  We deliver results that produce positive net gains with clear advantages given the way you expect to trade e.g., if you only trade 3x/day vs 3x/hour. What's the definition of a clear advantage? It's your own in a sense combined with what we show you as possible. The purpose of the custom design is to create a strategy and plan you are comfortable trading - not something unfamiliar to you. See bbruin's remark about the thought process that's still required.

Bottom line: in our conversation to build your strategy, we'll arrive at shared expectations.

Edit: Deliverable Example(s) can be found here: http://forums.trade-ideas.com/index.php?topic=861.0
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:27:08 pm by TradeIdeas_DA »

newyorktrader

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 10:55:28 am »
Long time lurker here. This service sounds right up my alley. I would like to see the image of the typical deliverable as well. Since we are all here to make money, isn't the best approach to just tell you I want to trade once a day and risk no more then X dollars and give me the best the computer has got? The risk in this is that the approach stops working the day one begins trading it or goes into a steep drawdown as that has happened to me using a mechanical system, which is what this sounds like unless I am wrong? This market changes its mind more then my wife so most systems need constant tinkering, is that included in the price so that this system is kept fine tuned?