Author Topic: How to create this scan? Is it possible with Trade Ideas?  (Read 4055 times)

jhon2524

How to create this scan? Is it possible with Trade Ideas?
« on: March 31, 2012, 12:34:23 pm »
Trade Ideas was recommeded to me by a guy on Elitetrader.

What Im looking to do is create a scan that alerts me of a stock making an intraday high/low on volume between the hours of 1030AM and 130PM EST

is there a way to do this with Trade Ideas? I was playing around with the scanner here and didnt see a way to do it.

basically thats the only feature I need. $75/month is a bit steep to pay for that one feature so Im also wondering is there a free scanner out there that would let me do that? -let me see a stock making a new intraday high/low on volume during the mid-day trading hours.

thanks for any help
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:37:35 pm by jhon2524 »

jhon2524

Re: How to create this scan? Is it possible with Trade Ideas?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:38:21 pm »
thanks that was what I was looking for.

only problem is that I have to keep refreshing the page- is there anything that updates by itself or is streaming?

Im still exploring what Trade Ideas has to offer and am considering the monthly subscription.
Thanks for answering my query promptly.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:16:36 pm »
Interesting. You should not have to manually refresh. The results update every 15 or 20 minutes in the free demo version.  Which browser are you using?

Glad to help.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

jhon2524

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 06:38:01 pm »
Im using IE 9. I see now I was clicking refresh every minute, and not waiting for it to refresh by itself.But I guess constant updating is only by subscription right?

I used that one feature today and it helped me a lot- I was able to notice some stocks otherwise I wouldnt have seen.
Plus Im looking at other features Trade Ideas offers as well such as Unusual Volume.

It will take me a couple weeks to look everything over but I think Im going to be a customer. I wish I had known about this site a long time ago, Im glad that guy told me about it.

Thanks again for your help.

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
  • You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 04:34:51 pm »
Glad you are investigating further please let us know if we can further assist you in any way.