Author Topic: Average True Range  (Read 3559 times)

lloydmarie

Average True Range
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:11:28 pm »
It seems the only options for filtering by the average true range is by dollar amount $.  For very low priced stocks, it would be great to have the option of % as well.  Is there another filter I could use to give the same results as a % filter for average true range?

braddoubleu

• Administrator
    • Trade-Ideas
Re: Average True Range
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:30:10 pm »
This is a perfect example of how our custom formula editor can assist you.  From the My Account section of our website, click on the bottom link - Custom Formulas http://www.trade-ideas.com/FormulaEditor/List.html.  In this example, I am using Custom Formula U49.

Once the information is entered and saved, you will have access to your custom Window Specific Filter at the bottom of the list after selecting Show All.

Make sure to select the new filter as your server side sort from the Sort tab.  You can then later sort on any column by double clicking the icon.

lloydmarie, I have added this custom filter to your account.

lloydmarie

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:54:14 pm »
Wow, that is a cool feature.  I guess you learn something new everyday.  Of course now you have forced me to spend my weekends experimenting with other custom formulas.   ;)

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
  • You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 04:32:46 pm »
We are glad you are doing that.  The key to get the most benefit of our software is to actually be able to use its vast power.  It is really much more powerful than people think :-)