Author Topic: New OM Results Window  (Read 8576 times)

othermbx

New OM Results Window
« on: March 13, 2012, 11:42:40 am »
The new OM results window is great! A couple of questions/comments:

1) On the Summary tab, profit factor is same as expectancy...... (win rate * ave win) / (loss rate * ave loss). Is this correct?

2) Please consider adding a column for the trade number on the Detailed Results tab, so we can cross-reference / eyeball that to the equity curve (whose x axis is Trade Number).

3) Please consider adding (Net Gain / Total Number of Trades) to the Detailed Results tab.

Thanks!

[EDIT] Is it possible that when I mouse-over the equity curve, the approx. date pops up next to the cursor?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:58:54 pm by othermbx »

davemabe

• Administrator
Re: New OM Results Window
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:23:37 am »
Hi othermbx,

The Profit factor is currently calculated as the sum of winning profits / abs(sum of losing profits).  Although you'll see slightly different formulas around the web, this is the most common.

These are good suggestions - thanks very much.  The OddsMaker results window is still very much a work in progress and we have a lot of stuff planned for that window.  Keep your eye on the betas as they become available to see the latest enhancements.

Dave

othermbx

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:15:52 pm »
Thanks Dave.

I'm really impressed with the new OM. Customers are doing themselves a disservice if they have TI and not OM. Couple of questions:

1)  Is it possible to have access to more than 30 days of backtesting?

2)  Can you give some guidelines of what "great" OM results might look like? For example, is 70% win rate (without mickey-mousing OM with ultra-tight stop loss, etc) with 5x profit factor considered good, great or impossible? Trying to get calibrated here...

3)  I believe previous OM versions had more options for the profit target section... those have been removed... why was that? Are they coming back?

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:38:24 pm »
Here's my take on #2 in your list of questions:

There are some pretty good strategies listed in this very forum that show promise.  Here's my first example:

http://forums.trade-ideas.com/index.php?topic=694.0

In terms of themes I've found success with strategies that have at least a 3 day hold and no trading for at least the first 30 minutes (sometimes 60) of the market's open.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas