Author Topic: SMB Radar Idea: ReCreated w/ TI PRO  (Read 18532 times)

TxDayTrader

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:52:18 am by TxDayTrader »

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
Re: SMB Radar Idea: ReCreated w/ TI PRO
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:13:13 pm »
I have a one minute volume pop compared to the last five minutes - but unfortunately, they have said there is a bug in it so it doesn't work correctly right now - but when it is fixed, I think this will be a great Top List addition:

v_up_1/(v_up_5-v_up_1+0.000001)/5

I think this is better than a pure price pop because you could get a price pop on little volume which is irrelevant in my mind - but a volume increase usually is accompanied by a price pop - and if it isn't, then that really gets my attention and I will watch for a while to see what happens.

Scottie

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:50:31 pm »
Great job, thanks for the post.  I had not gotten around to my radar trial so I could take a shot at programming it  :P

Scottie

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 08:20:33 pm »
Here is my current up trenders top list.  It's still a work in progress but I've had better luck with this any anything else others have shared.   I'm finding that it's a pretty decent sediment measure to note which list --  the trender up or trender down toplist  -- has more intensity. 

But it still misses a lot of perfect trenders.   

http://www.trade-ideas.com/StockInfo/_TopListResult.html?form=1&show0=RV&show1=RD&show2=RY&MinFOR=1&MinRD=0.8&MinRV=1.5&MinRange15P=0.3&MinTRangeD=2&MinVWAP=1&MinVol5D=300000&sort=MaxRD&X_NYSE=on&X_ARCA=on&X_AMEX=on&XN=on&WN=Up+Trenders+

TxDayTrader

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:42:44 pm »
NICE Trender scan

othermbx

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 02:02:32 pm »
sgarl,

The "min position in range" is set to 0.8%

Should it be 80% ?

Thanks!

SharkTrader

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:49:19 am »
I have a one minute volume pop compared to the last five minutes - but unfortunately, they have said there is a bug in it so it doesn't work correctly right now - but when it is fixed, I think this will be a great Top List addition:

v_up_1/(v_up_5-v_up_1+0.000001)/5

I think this is better than a pure price pop because you could get a price pop on little volume which is irrelevant in my mind - but a volume increase usually is accompanied by a price pop - and if it isn't, then that really gets my attention and I will watch for a while to see what happens.

What are people using to see the best price spikes, either up or down? I'm new to trade ideas but am familar with their product. I would like to get a quick price change on good above avg volume.

SharkTrader

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 06:05:02 pm »
Thank you I will give this a try.

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
  • You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 11:50:01 am »
I love how you guys really take the technology to the next level!!  We are very stoked to have you engage the way you do.  There is some amazing stuff coming in the pipeline so the early adopters here should benefit the most :-)

othermbx

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 11:56:19 pm »
I hope you dudes are patenting this stuff.....

sternforpres

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 11:44:18 am »
I toned this down a bit by adding position in day range to be closer to the top or bottom...works excellently.  You can also add position in 5 minute range to be 90/10 too.

SharkTrader

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 11:53:00 am »
I've been making very consistent money with the In Play Rankings, so thank you for sharing it.

SharkTrader

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 12:53:22 pm »
Is there a way, or extra window, to have the inplay ranking, but with certain symbols that I monitor? Such as, how 'in play' is AAPL today, or SPY?

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 01:21:06 pm »
If I understand you correctly, you should create a Symbol List with the stocks you would like to monitor:  Tools, Symbol Lists, Create New List.

Then in your Top List or Alert Window:  Configure, Symbol Lists, Add Existing List, then check it and select Only the Following Lists.