Author Topic: turbo boost  (Read 4932 times)

beardance

turbo boost
« on: October 03, 2012, 01:04:56 pm »
http://www.trade-ideas.com/View.php?O=3_419_0&MaxDNbbo=0.2&MinPrice=5&MinVol=500000&MinVol1=300&WN=Turbo+Breaks&SL=X1o1a1o2a1o3a1o4&show0=D_Symbol&show1=D_Type&show2=D_Time&show3=D_Desc&show4=Vol1&col_ver=1

Here is one of the preconfigured strategies that I have been watching.  It is called turbo boost.  Most of the time I don't take the trade because when i get the alert the stock looks way to extended in any time frame you look at.  Does anyone have any ideas to modify this to give more confidence that the momentum will continue to give more confidence to hop along for the move.

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
  • You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold
    • Trade-Ideas
Re: turbo boost
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:09:51 pm »
We can dial this in for you to make it a high odds strategy, but this is something that we are doing on the execution consulting side of the business.  There are basically two ways to approach it.  One is you can use the OddsMaker and find the filters that work to find the set ups that continue to move in the direction.  That takes quite a bit of time.  The other way is via Execution Consulting where we do it all for you and hand you optimized strategies that have the highest tendency to continue.

othermbx

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 01:12:08 am »
Lots of questions on how this works:

1) Do you already have a library of different setups that have been optimized, available for a fee? That would be interesting.

2) Or do you always start with the customer's top list / alert and optimize ONLY that (even though you may possess a similar strategy that is far superior)?

3) How does pricing work?

4) If the strategy needs re-tweaking when market conditions change, is that a whole new engagement or is there a support provision in the original engagement?

5) Are you doing the optimization manually or do you run an optimization engine? If the latter, is that something available through a subscription model?

6) I imagine that at the end of the day, there's only a narrow set (I'm guessing 3 or 4) of filters that are the key to all winning strategies. After the initial consulting engagement, the customer is obviously aware of this... and so the chances or repeat business drops to near zero. How do you guard against that (I'm guessing I'm not going to like the answer).

OK, lots of question. Just so we're on the same page, "Go jump in the lake you nosy/cheap b*stard" is a perfectly acceptable answer!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:17:43 am by othermbx »

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 08:34:49 pm »
I am going to answer this question on the Execution Consulting thread.

Here: Re: Pricing Schedule and Deliverables
« Reply #27 http://forums.trade-ideas.com/index.php?topic=858.15
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:38:23 pm by TradeIdeas_DA »
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas