Author Topic: Where do I find the formula editor?  (Read 3987 times)

sternforpres

Where do I find the formula editor?
« on: October 01, 2011, 02:51:18 pm »
Where do I find the formula editor?  Do I need a specific version of TI?  I am running 3.1.13

I was hoping to write a rule to exclude stocks that had earnings yesterday, today or tomorrow.  I have a window I check every morning to manually exclude, but automation by a rule would be nice.

Thanks.

sternforpres

Re: Where do I find the formula editor?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 03:05:18 pm »
Ok, found the formula editor, is there no direct link besides going to "what's new" and clicking "formula editor"?  Seems a bit clunky.

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:31:43 am »
I assume what you are doing now is using this Top List strat:

http://www.trade-ideas.com/StockInfo/_TopListResult.html?form=1&show0=Price&show1=TV&show2=FCD&show3=FCP&MinEarningD=-1&MaxEarningD=2&sort=MaxFCP&X_NYSE=on&X_ARCA=on&X_AMEX=on&XN=on&X_CAT=on&X_CAV=on&omh=1&WN=All+Earnings%3f

So that gives the earnings for the 3 days you don't want - and that at around 9:32, you copy and paste the symbols to a symbol list - and  then in an alert window, you are checking off "exclude the following lists"?  You should only have to do that once.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:35:55 am by bbruin »

sternforpres

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:23:50 pm »
Kinda, I just take my alert window, remove the volume stuff, and add some premarket alerts to see them before the market opens.  Sometimes I use history to see them.  Then I put those into an exclude list manually, there are not too many...maybe 5, so easy enough...but would like to write a rule just to see how they work.