Author Topic: How to setup Quantalitics?  (Read 7591 times)

hedgefair

How to setup Quantalitics?
« on: September 21, 2011, 01:16:20 pm »
I'm a new subscriber. I did watch your videos on youtube. Can you explain how to get quantalitics window?

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
  • You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold
    • Trade-Ideas
Re: How to setup Quantalitics?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 02:11:12 pm »
Great question :-)  I will do you one better.  Here is the Quantalytics strategy.  It will soon be going hidden so we encourage you guys to play with it now .

http://www.trade-ideas.com/View.php?O=3FF000000000000_41D_0&MinVol1=150&WN=Quantalytics

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:40:32 pm »

Quantalytics, as defined by Trade Ideas is the practice of getting a feel for the current market.  

Quantalitics is considered the modern practice of 'watching the tape', an act during a time when the overall trend of the market could be determined by merely looking at the stock ticker of completed trades on the exchange.  Many argue this practice ended with decimalization and the existence of ECNs and dark pools.

Quantalitics takes a set of alerts within Trade Ideas and presents only the Position in Daily Range column - omitting every other column including the Symbol so that the blocks of colors representing highs (green) and lows (red) stream in real time to the trader, informing her of the market's context within which she seeks to place a trade.  They can be any intraday alerts you choose or try the set up above.

Quantalitics at Trade Ideas is the practice of determining the overall market or a custom view of the market's pulse, often shown in conjunction with a trader's traditional scans, so that opportunities from a particular strategy can be made with an understanding of the larger market's prevailing trend at the time of a trade.    
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

skyricho

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:07:55 am »
@tradeideas1  The attached screenshot shows two types of Quantalytics alert windows (see red arrows). Is the collaboration link you shared with us suitable for both these windows?

TradeIdeas1

• Administrator
  • You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 10:39:05 am »
The link is the same but there are different view modes of how to display the data.  We were showing the flexibility of our graphic columns to give examples of how you can view the same type of data differently.  Let me know what you want to see and I will show you which view mode to use.

skyricho

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:09:20 pm »
Thanks for the offer however I was able to work out what to do.

Window A uses the columns Type, Position in Range (%) and Volume Today (%).
Window B uses column Quality only.

Thanks for replying so quickly :)

nick561

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 12:41:05 am »
Thanks a lot for this kind of information.........................

klaofdeylin

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 02:15:53 am »
Quantalitics is considered the modern practice of 'watching the tape', an act during a time when the overall trend of the market could be determined by merely looking at the stock ticker of completed trades on the exchange.  Many argue this practice ended with decimalization and the existence of ECNs and dark pools.

Quantalitics takes a set of alerts within Trade Ideas and presents only the Position in Daily Range column - omitting every other column including the Symbol so that the blocks of colors representing highs (green) and lows (red) stream in real time to the trader, informing her of the market's context within which she seeks to place a trade.  They can be any intraday alerts you choose or try the set up above.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:46:03 am by TradeIdeas_DA »