Author Topic: Thought this one would be easy - Position in 50 day range  (Read 3997 times)

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
Thought this one would be easy - Position in 50 day range
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:21:37 pm »
I thought this would be quite simple - creating a filter for "Position in 50 Day Range".  When I go to the pre-existing formulas, Position in 20 Day Range is represented as [R20D] so I thought that by putting [R50D] in the source box would be obvious as the formula for a 50 day range - but I get a parsing error.  Even if I put [R20D], I get a parsing error so I'm obviously not understanding the syntax.  I am not a programmer but I figured this one to be a no-brainer lol.

Edit - Now the [R20D] works but [R50D] is giving me an "Unknown Filter" error - so the error messages are changing on me.  I have typed it in several times so you will have to trust me that I have typed it in correctly - [R50D].  Unless I am completely misunderstanding what the function of the Formula Editor is.  I thought that instead of our having to ask you to modify existing formulas, we would be able to do it ourselves with the formula editor.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:38:32 pm by bbruin »

braddoubleu

• Administrator
    • Trade-Ideas
Re: Thought this one would be easy - Position in 50 day range
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 02:58:52 am »
You cannot just create variable from which to use.  You need to refer to the instructions for the available variables from which you can mathematically parse.

http://static.trade-ideas.com/FormulaEditor/Instructions.pdf