Author Topic: Overnight Hold Strategy  (Read 4449 times)

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
Overnight Hold Strategy
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:58:31 pm »
I have a strategy that is  called The Overnight Hold Strategy.  What I'm looking for are stocks that have had a good run in the day and then consolidate in the last hour near the high of the day.  I would run that strategy about 10 minutes before the close and if certain other criteria are met - daily chart, etc. -  I would buy that stock for the purposes of holding it overnight with the expectation that there could be a mini-run in the 1st 15 minutes the next day.  Is my best option to create a 30 minute range alert set to say 1% and a 30 minute position in range set to say 95% - the %s could be tweaked obviously.  And I think I would have to open the window at 3:30, save the stocks that come up in my charting program and then monitor them for the next 20 minutes.

Ideally, it would be great if I could open the window at 3:50 with a 60 minute position in range but the way I read the definition is that it's not going to give me the the last 60 minutes (2:50 to 3:50) - it would give me the last 60 minutes starting at 4:00 and that would be too late.

This strategy works quite well when the market is optimistic and for stocks under $12.00
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:00:27 pm by bbruin »

braddoubleu

• Administrator
    • Trade-Ideas
Re: Overnight Hold Strategy
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 03:20:51 pm »
I would use the...

• Position in Day Range filter set somewhere between 93 and 99
  • Max Up 30 and/or 60 filter set to something relatively small

...combined with your other filters.