Author Topic: TI and esignal linking update  (Read 3529 times)

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
TI and esignal linking update
« on: June 17, 2010, 01:06:04 pm »
As you know, esignal is completely revising their platform so it is still a beta release.  I can tell you that right now, the linking works perfectly - except for one strange event.  I run a scan from another service and I take the results and export them to excel (actually OpenOffice) so that I can cut and paste the symbols and put them into a TI symbol list.  For some reason, the act of exporting to OpenOffice destroys the link to esignal.  I have tried this 10 times to make sure it's not a coincidence. Nothing gets the link back unless I reboot - shutting down the respective programs, browser doesn't help.

Now, I wouldn't have to go outside TI to run this scan if you guys would give me the filter that I'm looking for - wink - the one that tells me when I can expect e.g. 7500 trades for the day - not based on historical data but based on extrapolated intraday data.

In the meantime, any suggestions as to what I could do to figure out why the link gets blocked when I do an export?

braddoubleu

• Administrator
    • Trade-Ideas
Re: TI and esignal linking update
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 11:38:35 am »
We will get to that filter... hopefully soon.

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
Re: TI and esignal linking update
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 12:39:46 pm »
I have found a temporary solution for the esignal linking problem.  As I said in an earlier post, all was fine until I did an export of a scanned file to OpenOrg - then the link was broken.  I went into the Windows Task Manager and found that 2 OpenOrg Files were still running - so I ended the processes and the link was reestablished.

I am glad to see that - as you said - "We will get to that filter... hopefully soon." - you are working on that intraday extrapolated # of trades filter.  I really think that will be a great filter for all to use.  Look at yesterday (June 23) for example.  LTBR had a huge break out but if you had set the historical # of trades filter to say 5000, you would have missed that move because for months before, it hardly ever traded.

I know other filters could have picked that up but most of my windows now have the minimum # of trades filter in them because I only want to trade the most liquid of stocks.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:50:29 pm by bbruin »