Author Topic: TradeIdeas Pro & SMB Capital  (Read 4280 times)

Market_Student

TradeIdeas Pro & SMB Capital
« on: April 28, 2011, 12:49:51 pm »
I understand that TradeIdeas have developed a platform for SMB Capital using SMB's proprietary algos.

I usually don't trust "proprietary" algos for a number of obvious reasons and my question is: what is so special about SMB's platform processing that can't be done in TradeIdeas Pro?

I'm not asking for any trade secret to be revealed, but am curious as to why SMB's Radar is purportedly better equipped than TI Pro.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
Re: TradeIdeas Pro & SMB Capital
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 04:39:30 pm »
Your question speaks to the difference is between TI PRO and TIQ.  SMB uses TIQ to model to its exact formula rather than approximate using the existing inventory of what's available in TI PRO.

For the vast majority of our users TI PRO can model practically any event with a minimum of effort.  That's power AND convenience.  It's a tool that says, get something in that scanner and let's trade it.

TIQ appeals to a small sliver of our customers who really want a programming world of complicated "if, then" statements to build their strategies.  They are tinkerers and they might spend more time with such formulas than actual trading.  Rather than exclude them from our powerful analytic servers and real-time delivery engines, we created TIQ to exceed their expectations.

TIQ is in some ways inferior to TI PRO because it is not as flexible a tool to change as is TI PRO.  TIQ is meant for formulas that do not change - even though the markets always do.  It's a tool like any other.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

Market_Student

Re: TradeIdeas Pro & SMB Capital
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:44:35 pm »
Thanks for the clarification.
I've been using TI Pro for several years.

I recently watched SMB's demo and my initial reaction was that an experienced user could easily model the setups in TI Pro.

I didn't try their software so don't know how difficult it is to configure, but was intrigued by "Stocks in Play". I think I can match this in TI Pro (unless I'm missing something more "profound"). However, TI Pro is still very challenging in the area of dynamic sortings.

The new version of TI Pro will hopefully address some of its limitations with respect to output options.