Author Topic: I lost my user-defined, custom scans in Etrade Pro.  (Read 197 times)

TobyMeister

I lost my user-defined, custom scans in Etrade Pro.
« on: August 24, 2019, 04:06:40 pm »
Dear Trade-Ideas,

I had several customized (user-defined) scans set up in Etrade Pro strategy scanner tools on my PC.  They were working fine earlier this week (w/b 8/19/19), but now they're gone.  I can't find them within the Etrade Pro platform. They are no longer listed in the Strategy Scanner User-Defined section.  All I see are Pre-Defined strategies.  The "strategy scanner tools/windows" in which they used to appear, have defaulted to the 52-Week High scan.

I was on the phone with Etrade Pro Tech Support for an hour Friday, but we could not find them or bring them back.  My backup .pag file from earlier this year was no help.

Do you have any idea if my user-defined, custom scans might reside in a system file on my hard-drive some where?  If yes, is there a way to restore it?  If not, I'll recreate them, but they took a long time to set up.  Just thought I'd ask.  Thanks for your help.

-Toby

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
Re: I lost my user-defined, custom scans in Etrade Pro.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 10:12:37 pm »
Hi Toby,

We are going to try to fix this. Here are the steps we plan to take:

1. I am going to flag this and make it a priority to see if your account can be located in our system that masks specific account information from ETRADE users. I'd like you to create an Alert Window strategy and name it, "Trade Ideas Forever". We'll try to find this in our system. From there we might be able to determine if you have any history.
2. If this does not work, we'll schedule for you, at not cost, some 1 on 1 support to revitalize and improve what you had before with our experts.

Best,

DA
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

TobyMeister

Re: I lost my user-defined, custom scans in Etrade Pro.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 01:21:18 pm »
Hi DA,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I appreciate your offer to search for them on your server, but I decided to recreate them last night.  They weren't too hard to rebuild because they were very similar to your "Getting Started / Profit from Proven Strategies" web page; I found that link somewhere.

One custom scan that I had trouble recreating was called "Pre/Post Market Movers" - whatever I meant by that.  It was one window (tool) that scanned for significant stock moves - either, Up or Down - during both, Pre-Market and Post Market (After Hours) trading.  This one scan found stocks that I thought were worth watching - stocks moving Up or Down, in Pre and Post Market.  I'm not sure what kind of Alert or Filter I used, but it was pretty useful to find stocks that were on the move.  It produced an active list of stocks that were moving Up and stocks that were moving Down, during Pre-Market and After-Hours trading.  One scan / one window for all 4 criteria; Up, Down, Pre-Mkt, and Post Mkt.  And I think it included the big 3 exchanges: NYSE, Nasdaq, Amex.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions what settings/criteria (Alerts/Filters) I might use to recreate that one?  For the life of me, I can't remember how I created it in one window.

Question for you -- Etrade Pro has a long list of pre-defined scans.  I assume that your team developed them.  Are any of these used (the most often) by your successful day-traders or do they use their own custom scans?  Is there a secret recipe (scan) for successful day-trading, from mostly on the long side?

FYI - I just discovered out how to save my custom scan settings in a Word document.  Share > Copy URL > and Paste.  I'll do this from now on, just in case I need them later.

Thanks for your help.

-Toby