Author Topic: Round Numbers  (Read 4611 times)

george1978

Round Numbers
« on: May 31, 2010, 11:10:43 am »
Hi there,

I would dearly like for Trade Ideas to show me when a stock is approaching the round numbers like the whole dollar or the 50c price levels. 

For example, when a stock rises to 19.97, i would like to be alerted or when it falls to 19.53, i would like to be alerted.

There seems to be more action at these levels and at the moment it is only chance that i find them in time to trade.

It would also be good to be able to specify how far away from the round number a price can be before it is alerted as some days are more volatile than others.

thanks.

George

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
Re: Round Numbers
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 02:43:30 pm »
That scan already exists - it's called the Decimal in the Window Specific Filters:

These advanced filters look at the decimal part of the stock price.  They are most often used to find stocks trading near a whole number price.

To use these, fill in both values with a number that is at least 0.00 and less than 1.00.  The decimal part of the stock price must be at least the Min value, and at most the Max value, or the alert will not be displayed.  Leave both values blank to ignore this filter and show all alerts, regardless of the decimal value.

Examples:
Whole numbers only - Set both values to 0.  You will only see alerts trading at exactly a whole number (i.e. $24.00, 25.00, 26.00, 27.00, etc.) when the alert happened.
Near the whole number - Set the Min value to 0.98 and the Max value to 0.02.  This will show alerts with prices like $24.98, 24.99, 25.00, 25.01, and 25.02.
Approaching the whole number from below - Set the Min value to 0.90 and the Max value to 0.99 on a window showing bullish alerts.  This will show stocks which are trading slightly below the whole number, and are moving up.
Approaching the whole number from above - Set the Min value to 0.01 and the Max value to 0.10 on a window showing bearish alerts.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:42:45 pm »
COuldn't have said it better myself. Nicely done!!!
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

george1978

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:40:23 am »
thanks for that.   :)

I am a recent new user and still getting to grips with all the possible settings. This one wil lbe a useful one for me.

thanks again.

George