Author Topic: DEMO and REAL TRADING DIFF  (Read 4592 times)

radhi258

DEMO and REAL TRADING DIFF
« on: September 05, 2014, 12:14:17 pm »
Hello,

Is anyone out there who has done Demo and Real trading by lighspeed robot? What is the difference ? I have used both and noticed that with the real trading the number of filled order are very less than the demo play.

Lunatica

Re: DEMO and REAL TRADING DIFF
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:15:58 am »
I'm also interested whether there is any difference. Cause I've read that demo does not perform all as live version
The best binary options brokers - Stockpair review.

Boca Bill

Re: DEMO and REAL TRADING DIFF
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 03:05:27 pm »
Hello,

This post is older but for newcomers might help out.   

When you are DEMO trading.  You will likely get every share you asked for on your limit order.  I have been unable to find a DEMO platform that fills orders with odd fills based upon your demanded number of shares.

When you are actually trading.  You can only fill at limit (the price) with what gets sold to you from the Offer.  In other words.  If looking at Level II, if there are only 500 shares being offered at say $5  then your only going to get 500 shares.  So in REAL trading.  You will often get partial fills, before the price moves up or down from your limit price entered.  I usually take what is given and cancel the remaining.  Has saved me money and headaches at times.