Author Topic: Welcome to the Scottrade ELITE community support forum.  (Read 12949 times)

tradeideas_scott

• Administrator
Welcome to the Scottrade ELITE community support forum.
« on: July 03, 2014, 11:41:58 am »
This is a sample first post.  People can create a new topic or add to an existing one.

Use this forum to ask questions, share strategies and layouts, make product feature requests, or report a bug regarding Trade Ideas in Scottrade ELITE.

Issues with Scottrade ELITE apart from Trade Ideas ideally should be addressed to Scottrade Customer Support accessible from within ELITE.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:37:15 am by TradeIdeas_DA »

mshivalu

Re: Welcome to the Scottrade ELITE community support forum.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:20:19 am »
Is there a way to perform custom crossover alerts?  For example, searching stocks where the 3-day moving average crossed above the 12-day moving average?

Thank you for your time.

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 07:50:16 am »
Hi,

This type of signal is something that is ideal for our new, yet to be released application, called Nails.  It is stand alone or can be integrated with TI Pro.  If you would like to be included in the beta, please send an email to info@trade-ideas.com. Since you've already expressed an interest in the TI ELITE Beta, we'll note your interest in this project (which is still in early stages of development) as well.

Best,
DA

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

mshivalu

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:56:05 am »
Hi,

This type of signal is something that is ideal for our new, yet to be released application, called Nails.  It is stand alone or can be integrated with TI Pro.  If you would like to be included in the beta, please send an email to info@trade-ideas.com. Since you've already expressed an interest in the TI ELITE Beta, we'll note your interest in this project (which is still in early stages of development) as well.

Best,
DA

Thank you. I will send an email for the Nails Beta and am looking forward to participating.

mshivalu

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:18 am »
The multi-strategy window is not available to me today. Instead of opening I receive an "unable to load from the cloud" error message. I attached a screen shot of the error to this post.

Addendum:

So far, I've tried reloading the strategy window, reloading trade-ideas alert, reloading Scottrade Elite, updating Scottrade Elite,  and rebooting my computer and am still able to recreate the error.

How should I proceed to resolve this issue?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:08:39 am by mshivalu »

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:46:52 am »
Hi. Thank you for the detailed message and screen shots.

Cloud layouts are a feature currently not in the version of Trade Ideas for ELITE. We are busy working integrating this feature in the next version of the technology.  I do not have a firm timeline to give you but it is soon.

In the meantime you will have to use the Collaborate link for each component. You can create a Trade Ideas account and use the demo version of Trade Ideas to open up Cloud layouts, copy the Collaborate setting strings for each component of the layout, and paste them inside the same component within Trade Ideas for ELITE.

I hope this temporary fix resolves your issue. Let me know if otherwise. We will communicate news of the new version in this forum space as well.

mshivalu

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 11:52:58 am »
Hi. Thank you for the detailed message and screen shots.

Cloud layouts are a feature currently not in the version of Trade Ideas for ELITE. We are busy working integrating this feature in the next version of the technology.  I do not have a firm timeline to give you but it is soon.

In the meantime you will have to use the Collaborate link for each component. You can create a Trade Ideas account and use the demo version of Trade Ideas to open up Cloud layouts, copy the Collaborate setting strings for each component of the layout, and paste them inside the same component within Trade Ideas for ELITE.

I hope this temporary fix resolves your issue. Let me know if otherwise. We will communicate news of the new version in this forum space as well.

The multi-strategy window was working before. I'm not sure why it was trying to access the cloud. The good news the error message resolved on its own after a couple hours. I guess it was just a glitch.

I appreciate your prompt feedback.

Thanks.

mshivalu

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 09:32:28 pm »
May I have assistance with interpreting MACD alerts?

When I receive an alert, I switch my chart that matches the time-frame for the alert. For example, a 5-minute alert would prompt me to view the stock using a 5-minute chart. Unfortunately, I am unable to find the event the alert described in some cases. Such is the case with $TEU, $GPL, and $GSI. I was able to match the alert with the event for SVBL.

I have many other alerts in my TI window, but this is the jist of it.  Please note the attachment below.

Thank you.

P.S.

I placed a yellow line along with a time and date stamp just prior to where the alerts triggered.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:35:32 pm by mshivalu »

braddoubleu

• Administrator
    • Trade-Ideas
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 10:34:22 am »
We use a setting of 12, 26 and a smoothing factor of 9.  The stock crossed above the MACD at 11:21 and in short order continued down.  Because it did not penetrate the MACD line by enough margin, it did not trigger the continuation of the down move.  It needs to breach the MACD enough to avoid continuous noise of a stock hovering around its MACD.

mshivalu

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 05:33:45 pm »
We use a setting of 12, 26 and a smoothing factor of 9.  The stock crossed above the MACD at 11:21 and in short order continued down.  Because it did not penetrate the MACD line by enough margin, it did not trigger the continuation of the down move.  It needs to breach the MACD enough to avoid continuous noise of a stock hovering around its MACD.

Thank you so very much!  I knew of smoothing to weed out noise, but never took that into account when comparing the charts to the alerts.

I appreciate your time.

chris4207

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 08:19:35 am »
The trade Ideas windows arent opening on my platform this morning. I've been using it for 6 months now and this is the first time I've had a problem getting my scan windows to open. Anyone having the same problem or know why They're not opening?

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 09:16:46 am »
Hi. Does this issue still persist?

Can you tell me the name/title of a specific window that will not open? Alternatively are you able to create a new window? If so can you create any settings you like  but name the window, "primm4207 and Trade Ideas are awesome"?

That will help us diagnose any issues on our part.

DA