Author Topic: Trade-Ideas Pro $75 Subscription with Scottrade Elite  (Read 15080 times)

Rockford

Trade-Ideas Pro $75 Subscription with Scottrade Elite
« on: July 02, 2014, 03:33:33 pm »
Hi,
I realized that 'Creating List', Odds Maker etc, isn't available in Scottrade Elite's subscription. I am trying to Link Trade-Ideas software to Scottrade Elite but when I drop the crosshairs to one of my charts, nothing is happening.

Thanks,
Rockford

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
Re: Trade-Ideas Pro $75 Subscription with Scottrade Elite
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 06:33:23 pm »
Hi Rockford,

Thanks for using our Support Forum to get answers.  As a Scottrade customer you can always use this place to ask questions and get answers - whether its about Trade Ideas or Scottrade ELITE!

Couple of items to address in order to best help you:

1. The OddsMaker does exist in Scottrade ELITE. They call it the Backtester.
2. Top Lists and Multi-Strategy Lists and improved backtesting, and many more features are already in the newest version of Scottrade ELITE (They call it version 5 or New)
3. The price of Trade Ideas' latest technology in Scottrade ELITE is a $15 cost/month. An incredible, subsidized, discounted rate for the technology we not only currently provide, but future features we will be making available in ELITE that will greatly improve the way in which you scan for ideas.
4. Linking to the platform works.

In order to help you with the linking issue, please provide me with the following information:
  • version of Trade Ideas you are using
  • your username ('Rockford'?)
  • version of Scottrade ELITE you are using (ver 4 ('Legacy') or ver 5 ('New')?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 06:35:18 pm by TradeIdeas_DA »
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TradeIdeas

Rockford

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 06:52:26 pm »
Hi DA, Thanks for getting back with me.

I'm using Scottrade Elite ver5.2.9.3.
My username is my Scottrade acct number.
I'm using the version of Trade-Ideas that's available through Elite.

I'd rather keep and use Trade-Ideas through Scottrade Elite, and you're right the price is great, but my main concern is the following 2 issues...

1) Creating a New Symbol List under Symbol List in a strategy. (Create New List is Greyed out). Is there a way to create a symbol list under a given strategy?

2) When I referred to Odds Maker, I"m talking about the Odd's Maker your website refers to regarding 10 free Odd Maker scans. (So I can check it out, who knows I may want to purchase it).

Thanks,
Rockford

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:01:19 pm »
Hi .. you have the Oddsmaker, no need to purchase it - for Scottrade customers, it is called the Backtester.

Cheers

Barrie Einarson
barrie@trade-ideas.com
Trade Ideas Trading Room Moderator
http://forums.trade-ideas.com/

Rockford

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 08:15:41 pm »
Hi .. you have the Oddsmaker, no need to purchase it - for Scottrade customers, it is called the Backtester.

1)My main concern is ----> Creating a New Symbol List under Symbol List in a strategy. (Create New List is Greyed out). Is there a way to create a symbol list under a given strategy? This is extremely important to me, and no one seems to want to answer this.

2) The Backtester I have in Scottrade Elite only backtest individual strategies, but it doesn't suggest anything for current market conditions like your website refers to under the Odds Maker.

Thank you,
Rockford

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 11:17:35 pm »
Hi,

1. I recommend downloading our beta version of TI Pro. It is stable and has additional tweaks that we'll soon make standard in the regular download. I don't know when you became a customer and first downloaded TI Pro, but if its been awhile, this should help: http://static.trade-ideas.com/TIPro/Setup_3.2.131.Exe
If the grayed out New List option is still there, let me know.

2. The Backtester in ver 4 of ELITE from Trade Ideas is an earlier version of the OddsMaker now in the current version of TI Pro and in the new ELITE (ver 5). They are the same. They test market conditions as represented by strategies you design, find in our support forum, or find in the list of Predefined Strategies.

Rockford

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 11:44:16 pm »
Hi,

I'm saying the New List is Greyed out in Scottrade Elite's version of Trade-Ideas... how would I be able to use the new Beta version in Elite, I'm sure I couldn't, unless I'm missing something. I became a customer of Elite's Trade Ideas platform 4 days ago. All I want to know is, is there any way to build a Watch list in Scottrade Elite's $15/month Trade-Idea?

No disrespect, but I can't see how Scottrade Elite's Backtester could be equal to the Odd Maker that comes with 10 free search's that cost $1100 that I read about at http://scott-staging.trade-ideas.com/products/trade-ideas-pro-software/backtesting/

Please let me know,

Thanks,
Rockford

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 11:54:35 pm »
Hi. Thank you for clarifying where you are having the issue related to symbol lists. I didn't realize you were using TI in ELITE.

I answered this question in another thread that you posed the question. Here it is again verbatim:

Try this solution:

You will want to create a symbol list in your Scottrade watchlist (quote grid) window.  Once your create that list it will be visible in the symbol list tab of the configuration menu.

Let me know if that works - especially in the new version of ELITE. Thanks.

With regard to ELITE's Backtester and Trade Ideas' OddsMaker, I assure you they are the same.  Scottrade provides this tremendous value to its ELITE customers as part of its agreement and partnership with Trade Ideas. It is quite the deal. Feel free to spread the word: here on this forum and anywhere else!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:30:09 am by TradeIdeas_DA »

Rockford

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 12:23:45 am »
Hi DA,

Don't get me wrong, I think the deal with Trade Ideas for Elite is incredible. I can't imagine why someone would pay $1100 for Odd's Maker, if they can get it for $15 with Scottrade Elite, but I believe what you're saying.

As far as the Watchlist goes under Trade-Ideas Symbol List, it is not visible under 'Add Existing List' on the Symbol List page of configure. (This is the only reason why I origally asked about the standard $75/month Trade-Idea Pro).

I really want a list of symbols to run TI pro against... do you have any other ideas on how we can make this happen?

I just purchased TI pro in Elite 4 days ago, but is it possible I don't have the lastest version of TI pro? Attached is the Symbol List page where you can see the greyed out 'Create New List'. I was unable to keep the 'Add Existing List' open when I captured it.

Thanks,
Rockford
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:29:52 am by Rockford »

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 12:33:00 am »
Thanks for the screenshot. It helps. And thanks for your feedback.

Try this:

Create a symbol list in Scottrade ELITE as a Watchlist from within the new ELITE.  Then go to Trade Ideas and see if the list appears in the same place from where you took the screenshot.

Let me know if that works. Thanks.

Rockford

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 12:47:46 am »
Hi,

In the attached screen shot, you can see in the upper right hand corner 'Add Existing List'. My watchlist's don't show up there, that would be perfect if they did. I tried to capture 'Add Existing List' but as soon as I take the focus off the Symbol List page it disappears. Do you think I have the lastest TI pro in Elite? Can you think of anything else we could do to accomplish this?

Thank you very much,
Rockford

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 01:46:32 pm »
Hi Rockford,

I am looking into this in more detail with our teams here and at Scottrade.  I will report back here with results when I learn more. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Best,

DA

Rockford

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 03:06:00 pm »
Hi DA,

I appreciate you looking into this.

Thanks,
Rockford

Rockford

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 06:54:49 pm »
Hi DA,

I was wondering if you've heard anything about the Greyed out "Create New List" button on the Symbol Lists page of the alert config window?

Thanks,
Rockford 

TradeIdeas_DA

• Administrator
    • Trade Ideas LLC
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 08:13:26 pm »
Dear Rockford,

Thanks for the follow up.

Trade Ideas and Scottrade are working on a solution that will resolve this issue for you.  It will take some time however before it is tested and released for you to see. It will likely be 2 - 3 months to do so.

DA