Author Topic: multiple part question  (Read 4347 times)

737Flyer

multiple part question
« on: July 14, 2013, 04:45:59 pm »
I have a strategy in mind that I am trying to figure out.  Not sure how to set up the parameters of the TI formulas to get it.  I will post the first issue and work from there.

I use www.tradingview.com for my charting.  They have a VWMA (volume weighted moving average) indicator with a default setting of (14).  I am trying to get a formula set up which would alert when this VWMA (14) moves above VWAP on a 5 min chart.  I am using this entry on 5 min charts for my entries for day trades. 

Not sure how to first get a VWMA alert for TI....if this is even possible.  I am new to TI so not really sure of it's capabilities.  Thanks for any info.

Jim

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
Re: multiple part question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 05:13:38 pm »
To the best of my knowledge, there is no VWMA that you can use within TI. 

There is 1 VWAP filter - Distance From VWAP
There are 4 VWAP alerts - Crossed Above VWAP, Crossed Below VWAP, Positive VWAP Divergence and Negative VWAP Divergence.

The explanation for the above 5 VWAPs can be found on the Definition Page:

http://www.trade-ideas.com/ProductHelp.html#WSF_MinPrice

Using the Formula Editor, there are ways in which you can establish relationships between the VWAP and several moving averages but I don't think that is what you are looking for.

737Flyer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:20:23 pm »
How about a 14 period exponential moving average? Is there a way to get that...it is a little bit off from the weighted but may at least get an alert which I can then pull a chart with what I have..

Barrie Einarson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 06:09:51 pm »
There are only Simple Moving Averages available: 5,8,20 and 200 period for 2.5,15 and 60 minute time frames.