Author Topic: Consecutive Candles  (Read 1812 times)

ThePharoah

Consecutive Candles
« on: October 01, 2017, 01:18:32 am »
Can someone recommend a good alert to use in conjunction with the consecutive candle filters? I wish the filter itself could be the alert. Strategy is set with a maximum float 50,000,000, 35% max short float, $.01-19.99, Average Daily Volume (10D) minimum 200,000, Dollar Volume minimum 100,000, Volume Today minimum 100,000, and Relative Volume minimum 1.5. I would like to simply be alerted based on various sets of consecutive green candles but need an alert to complete the strategy. I've tried the Upward Thrusts, the Running Ups, the New Highs, the Standard Deviation Breakout, and High Relative Volume with little success at triggering alerts and have the consecutive candles set at 1's or 2's so I'm not asking for a long string. Any ideas on another alert that might work better at taking a back seat so the consecutive candles show through?

braddoubleu

• Administrator
    • Trade-Ideas
Re: Consecutive Candles
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 10:25:59 pm »
A trick that is often used is selecting numberous alerts (perhaps even all the bullish OR all the bearish signals), add your filters to paint the picture of the setup (including the consecutive candles filter) and then set the Don't Repeat feature to your desired Don't Repeat time-frame.